Job Opp – Logistics / Warehouse
Logistics & Warehouse Manager
This position will be responsible for Logistics and Warehouse Management of multiple warehouse locations and their operations, efficiencies, driving synergies between the locations, customers and warehouse functions. This individual will ensure that goods are dispatched on time to the appropriate destinations, accurately. Must be familiar with a variety of Warehouse, Distribution and Logistics concepts, practices and procedures. This position will rely heavily on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and perform a variety of tasks. The Logistics & Warehouse Manger will lead and direct the work of others.
ESSENTIAL LOGISTIC MANAGMENT FUNCTIONS
- Identify, evaluate, negotiate and manage strategic fleet partnerships and the Company’s driver development.
- Overseeing high-volume operations involving a variety of SKUs
- Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective and efficient means of transporting products and supplies.
- Direct or coordinate logistical or reverse logistical functions for product distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse or final disposal.
- Plan the proper location(s) of a given product(s) within the warehouse.
- Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
- Negotiate transportation rates and services.
- Plan or implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, or carriers.
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Manage and achieve the overall logistics department budget.
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met.
- Participate in personnel development at all levels.
ESSENTIAL WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT FUNCTIONS:
- Manage IEC’s Warehouse in Commerce – approximately 16 (union) employees and 2 (non-union) supervisors.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Achieves financial objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances and expenses; initiating corrective actions when necessary.
- Ensure accuracy of product order contents for all products going out as well as received in.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement
- Supervise employees to ensure a neat, orderly and safe warehouse environment.
- Ability to establish a new warehouse by planning and implementing design layouts
- Oversee supplies inventory and ensure that the essential warehouse supplies are maintained at proper levels
- Oversee the receiving of inventory and supplies
- Oversee the delivering and shipping of orders to ensure a timely and well packaged system to customers that are in line with company standards.
- Ensure the proper documentation of receiving items, shipping orders and inventory counting in accordance with IEC policy
- Coordinate with IT to ensure a functional warehouse technological environment is in place including routing software
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of Logistics Warehouse Management within distribution
- Must have strong Negotiating, Leadership and Managerial skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize them accordingly
- Extremely organized, detailed oriented and able to communicate effectively
- Critical thinking and good problem solving skills
- Computer literate; fluency in Microsoft Office programs
- Able to travel, occasionally
- Dazzling Personality
College degree or Equivalent Work Related Experience(s)
Competitive Salary and Benefit Package