Assistant Whse Supervisor
ASSISTANT WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR
IEC, originally known as Interstate Electric Co., has built its reputation since 1946 by delivering wholesale Sign, Lighting, Graphics and Display supplies and equipment throughout the western states, with unmatched customer service. We are the most dependable and respected distributor in our industry. We take pride in providing dazzling service and high quality products while maintaining teams of the most professional and knowledgeable staff our industry has to offer.
If you have a great attitude, strong work ethic and can make a positive impact on IEC, We want you!
This person will assist the Warehouse Supervisor with the coordination and direction of the warehouse in keeping with the company’s policies and procedures. This individual will exercises considerable judgment and discretion in planning, distributing and performing work in shipping and receiving, materials and equipment and the storing/distribution of supplies and products. Assures that established delivery schedules are met within company guidelines. In the absence of the Warehouse Supervisor, the Assistant will supervise the daily warehouse operation and give direction to the employees
- Ensure all incoming freight is received per Company procedures.
- Assists in the maintenance of stock records and inventory counts.
- Assign bin locations to new or non-stock items as needed.
- Compiles delivery work orders for each day, arranging them to optimize the use of delivery times, prioritizing orders and assigning orders to drivers.
- Process all UPS shipments.
- Process LTL shipment orders.
- Conduct all freight claims.
- Confer with the Supervisor on the daily operation and safety issues of the warehouse and make recommendations.
- Process vendor returns; maintain contact with each vendor as returns are processed and track the progress of each return
- Act as secondary dispatch person when primary is otherwise occupied.
- Assist with the supervision of Union members
- Maintain an accurate count of warehouse supplies needed for everyday Company use
- Maintains the warehouse in a safe and orderly condition
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of Warehousing, Inventory Control and Delivery Experience
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Customer Service Oriented
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and good communication
- Must be able to operate a forklift, pallet jack and delivery vehicle safely and efficiently
- Shipping and Receiving Experience
- Working knowledge of inventory control and distribution methods
- Dispatching skills
- High energy, personal drive, a dazzling personality and self-motivation
- Good computer skills in MS office and dispatching software
Physical Job Requirements
– Be able to lift material or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds